San Diego Motorcycle Accident-Injury Lawyers
Call Mission Legal Center Now! 619-564-4455
resulting in injury or death are relatively common occurrences here in Southern California. Motorcycle accidents
don't just impact your health, they also affect your ability to work, your finances, and mobility.
However, San Diego motorcyclists who have suffered damages due to an accident are not without recourse under California law. The first step to receiving justice and compensation for you or a loved one's damages is to secure a top reviewed San Diego motorcycle accident attorney like Mission Legal Center Personal Injury.
who can advocate on your behalf.
Call us for a free consultation and case-specific guidance today at 619-564-4455
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 106,000 motorcycles were involved in crashes in 2009 alone, including property damage-only crashes
- In that same year, 4,462 people died in motorcycle crashes
- In 2008, there were 5,312 fatal motorcycle crashes, the most since the NHTSA began collecting data in 1975.
- Motorcyclists are 8 times more likely than car occupants to be injured per vehicle mile, according to the NHTSA. This means motorcyclists must take extra care when on the road.
- Between 2004 and 20143 there has been a dramatic 39% rise in the number of accident related deaths among motorcyclists who are age 40 and older
- According to the NHTSA, the average age of a motorcyclist killed in an accident in 2013 was 42 years old
The Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in San Diego
- Because motorcycles are less stable than four-wheel vehicles, they are far more vulnerable when it comes to the hazards of inclement weather and poor road conditions
- Compared to four-wheel vehicles, motorcycles are significantly less crashworthy, which means that in the event of an accident or a collision, the infrastructure of a motorcycle does far less to protect a rider than a four-wheel vehicle might
- Because of their size, motorcycles are far less visible to pedestrians and others drivers, which puts motorcyclists at a greater risk for a collision
- Many four-wheel vehicle drivers do not exercise the care needed and legally required in order to share the road with motorcycle riders. Some common errors that four-wheel vehicle drivers often make include:
- Aggressive driving - for instance, tailgating a motorcyclist or refusing to let a motorcyclist legally change lanes
- Distracted driving - for instance, using a phone while driving or otherwise not paying adequate attention to the road
- Failure to check mirrors and blind spots for motorcyclists
- Failure to abide by the legal speed limit, therefore putting motorcycle riders and other vehicles in danger
- Failure to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist
- Failure to adhere to a red light or a stop sign
Common Motorcycle Injuries/Damages Resulting from an Accident in Southern California
Wrongful Death from Motorcycle Accident in San Diego
Possible Compensation for Medical Damages/Financial Losses in San Diego
- Compensation for surviving family members
- Compensation for funeral expenses
- Compensations for resulting medical bills and expenses
Property Damage Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents in San Diego
- Compensation for any sustained physical impairment or bodily disfigurement
- Compensation for related pain and suffering
- Compensation for related medical care or treatment, hospital and doctors' bills, and other related healthcare costs
- Compensation for any required future care, in the case of long lasting physical or emotional injury
- Compensation for lost wages suffered during related medical treatment
- Compensation for any decreased earning ability following the motorcycle accident
- Compensation for any legal fees incurred
- Compensation to repair any related damage to your motorcycle resulting from the accident or collision
- Compensation to replace the motorcycle at a fair market value if it is unable to be appropriately repaired
The Next Step
If you have been a victim of a motorcycle accident in Southern California, contact
Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego Personal Injury, Accident and Wrongful Death Attorneys with a proven record of success in helping those who have suffered from a serious injury, to receive the necessary medical attention, care and treatment you need, in addition to compensation for future care you may require. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: (619) 564-4455
. You may also contact us
or follow us on Facebook
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley - San Diego, California.
Q: What are common causes of motorcycle accidents in San Diego?
A: Motorcyclists are often severely injured, or even killed by others on the road as the result of aggressive driving, wherein a truck or automobile driver tailgates, refuses to let motorcyclists change lanes. In other cases, drivers are distracted via texting, using a phone, eating, or otherwise not paying attention. Drivers who fail to check their mirrors regularly, or make lane changes without checking in blind spots often also hit and injure motorcyclists. Failing to stop at stop signs and/or traffic signals, along with failing to lead also leads to motorcycle accidents.
Q: Can I sue for medical bills if I've been hit on my motorcycle?
A: Motorcyclists who have been injured due to another's negligence or wrongdoing may be entitled to compensation for physical impairments, bodily disfigurement, pain and suffering, medical care, future care, payment for lost wages and decreased earnings ability along with compensation for legal fees accrued in pursuit of justice. For more information regarding motorcycle injuries and accidents in San Diego, click here.
For more information about recovering losses after being injured in a motorcycle accident in San Diego, contact Mission Legal today, for a free, no obligation consultation.