Injury from Products - Product Liability Attorneys
Call San Diego, CA Mission Legal Center Now! 619-564-4455
Product defects and design flaws
are a regular cause of injury for residents of Southern California. In San Diego, serious injury can result from defective products
, including vehicles, prescription drugs, medical devices, household appliances, tools, heating and cooling systems, and many others.
If you or your property sustained damage as a result of a defective product
, or a product that was not adequately labeled for safety, you may be entitled to compensation to cover the cost of injury and related expenses. Contact top reviewed San Diego product liability attorneys Mission Legal Center
today to understand your legal options.
Call us for a free consultation and case-specific guidance today at 619-564-4455
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, defective personal use items such as clothing, electronic grooming devices, cigarette lighters, heat lamps and saunas, eyeglasses, and footwear are responsible for approximately 500,000 emergency room visits and 500 total deaths each year. Additional reporting by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reveals:
- An average of 20 children will die every year as a result of a defective toy
- About 210,000 children will be treated in the emergency room for an injury resulting from a toy
- Approximately 740 people have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning because of a defective lawn mower, power generator, water pump, welder, all-terrain vehicle (ATV), small engine device, or other exhaust-generating devices
- An average of 42 people are electrocuted each year from faulty household wiring, household appliances, television sets, stereo or speaker systems, hot tubs, power tools, lighting equipment, or other products that utilizes wired electricity
- According to the United States Food and Drug Administration, there are over 2 million serious adverse drug effects reported every year
- Approximately 100,000 fatalities occur every year as a result of serious adverse health effects from prescription and over the counter medications
- Adverse drug reactions are the fourth highest leading cause of death - even ahead of accidents, diabetes, and AIDS
Types of Defective Product Liability in San Diego
When a wronged consumer who has suffered as a result of a defective product attempts to hold a seller, distributor, or manufacturer liable for their injury and/or related damages, there are several varying causes of action that can be used when filing claim. The various types of product liability that can be claimed include:
Negligence may be claimed if the manufacturer of the defective product did not abide by or did not ensure its basic duty of care to public consumers - i.e. creating and manufacturing a reasonably safe product
- Breach of Warranty
Breach of warranty may be claimed if the manufacturer or seller of the defective product did not abide by its basic or included warranty, which then resulted in injury or damage to the consumer
- Other Types of Defective Product Liability Include:
- A defect in a product's original design that caused injury/damage to the consumer, or caused the product to be unreasonably safe for its intended use
- Any defect or inappropriate alteration that occurred during the manufacturing of the product that caused it to become markedly different from its intended design or use, and thus more dangerous or deadly to consumers
- Improper, inaccurate, or inadequate labeling of a product that fails to warn consumers against potential dangers or hazards associated with the product
Types of Damages Resulting from an Injury from a Product in San Diego County
- Compensation for surviving family members
- Funeral expenses
- Related medical bills and associated costs
Related Financial Costs Resulting from Defective Products in San Diego
- Compensation for any long lasting physical or emotional impairment or injury
- Compensation for any resulting bodily disfigurement
- Compensation for related pain and suffering as a result of the faulty/defective product
- Compensation for related medical treatment including hospital bills, physical therapy, associated medical devices, or continued care
Property Damages Which Made Be Awarded if Caused by Defective Products
- Compensation for any lost wages
- Compensation for any decreased earning ability as a result of physical or mental injuries/damage
- Compensation for any associated costs, i.e. a temporary car rental or any alternate housing expenses
- Compensation for any costs incurred that are not covered by insurance providers
- Compensation for any related rises in insurance premiums
- Compensation for home, vehicle, appliance, or other product repairs as a result of the product's defect or subsequent damage caused
- Compensation for any clean up required as a result of the product's defect
- Compensation for any product replacement required
The Next Step
If you have been injured by a defective product in Southern California, contact Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego Personal Injury, Accident, Product Liability and Wrongful Death Attorneys with a proven record of success in helping those who suffer from a serious injury, to receive the necessary medical attention, care and treatment you need, in addition to compensation for future care you may require. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: (619) 564-4455
. You may also contact us
or follow us on Facebook.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley - San Diego, California.
Q: What is a defective product?
A: A defective product may be something as seemingly harmless as a baby or child's toy, or may include vehicles of all kinds, prescription medications, food items, household appliances, tools, medical devices, heating and cooling systems, and many other commonly owned products frequently cause harm to the average consumer. What defective products all have in common is that they cause bodily harm or even death to a consumer who has purchased or used the product believing it to be safe.
Q: Who is responsible if I am injured by a defective product in San Diego?
The sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of these defective products can legally be held accountable for their negligence, breach of warranty, defect in design, improper labeling and much more. To read more about injuries suffered as the result of a defective product in San Diego County, click here
If you've been injured as the result of a defective product, contact Mission Legal Center, a San Diego, CA based Personal Injury and wrongful death plaintiff's law firm. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: (619) 564-4455. You may also Contact Us