Auto Defect Injury and Accident Attorneys in San Diego, CA
are an unfortunate but common cause of injuries and wrongful deaths in Southern California. Underlying design flaws and/or repair defects are responsible for countless accidents and injuries, oftentimes jeopardizing or taking the life of a San Diego County resident.
If you or a loved one suffered injury or damages as a result of a vehicle defect
, you need the experience of top rated San Diego auto defect injury attorneys like Mission Legal Center Personal Injury
who can fight on your behalf so that you receive the compensation and justice you rightfully deserve.
Call us for a free consultation and case-specific guidance today at 619-564-4455
- There were nearly 3,000 traffic collisions in California according to the California Office of Traffic Safety in 2013
- According to the OTS, that number is steadily increasing
- Although most accidents are the result of driver error, a percentage of traffic collisions are the result of manufacturer defects
- In 2014 alone, more than 60 million cars were recalled due to manufacturer defect according to the National Highway
- Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Common Types of Auto Defects in San Diego
When a defect in the design, construction or manufacturing of cars causes an accident resulting in injury to the driver or passengers in the vehicle, there are some defects which are more common than others. Here is a partial list of auto defects that have injured victims in San Diego County.
- Blowouts from defective tires that have separated from the tread
- Braking systems that fail to prevent the car from stopping
- Insufficient roof supports that cause otherwise preventable injury in roll-over crashes.
- Malfunctioning Supplemental Restraint Systems (Airbags) that fail to deploy or deploy at the improper time.
- Additionally, over-inflation of airbags is also a common cause of manufacturer defect related injury
- Pedals used for acceleration that stick or otherwise do not function as intended and may cause unexpected acceleration
- Seat backings made of inferior quality or were improperly installed, so that they fail to protect passengers during accidents
- Seat safety restraints that malfunction in a collision
What to Do If You Have Been Injured by a Defective Automobile in San Diego
If you have sustained injury as a result of a car crash caused by a manufacturer or design defect, San Diego auto defect attorneys will be able to employ proven methods to identify the defect and how it correlates to the injury. These include, but are not limited to:
- Automobile roofing failures causing paralysis or bone fractures
- Brain injuries such as concessions, and bone fractures resulting from ejection or other adverse contact
- Burns sustained from an automobile fire
The Next Step
In California, numerous car accidents are related to faulty or defective mechanisms in a motor vehicle. If you believe that you were involved in a traffic collision, resulting from a defective motor vehicle, taking legal action may be viable option. However, an automobile defect case is a complex product liability case. Schedule a no-obligation, confidential, free consultation with a San Diego Personal Injury and Auto Defect attorney to discuss your case, and to learn what specific options are available to you following an accident or injury from an auto defect.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley - San Diego, California.
Q: What is an Auto Defect?
A: When a defect in the design, construction or manufacturing of an automobile causes an accident resulting in injury to the driver or passengers in the vehicle, this is often considered an auto defect liability case.
Q: What are common types of Auto Defects seen in San Diego?
A: Auto defects commonly responsible for grave injuries in San Diego include blowouts from defective tires, faulty braking systems, insufficient roof supports, poorly or nonfunctioning airbags, sticking gas pedals, unsafe construction of seat backs, malfunction of seat belts, and others.
Q: What should I do, if I believe my car had a defect leading to an accident and injury in San Diego?
At Mission Legal Center, our experts will inspect the vehicle, survey the road conditions, and the following to determine fault: Design Defects, Component Defects, and Manufacturing Defects.
Remember, each case is unique, and only an experienced automobile product liability attorney can help you plan a competent strategy for the best possible outcome. Click here
to learn more about auto defect cases in San Diego. You may call us for a free consultation at (619) 564-4455, You may also contact us